Losing my father

My world came crashing down as I received the news that my father has passed away, on the morning of 22nd July, 2024.


It was as if my worst nightmare had come true. I couldn’t believe that this could happen to me. It was sudden and extremely shocking, since he was doing completely fine a few days ago when I was sitting beside him, discussing my new job role. He was happy about how things were turning out for our family; how my life was going; how my sister had taken charge of her career and how hard she was working towards it; about the award my mother recently received from her company for her exceptional service. 


My sister saw him in the morning, on the day he passed away, happily walking our dog Poko. He looked happy and at peace. 


I really hope he was. 


He was the person I could only aspire to become. He showered love upon people like everyone was dear to him. He was kind, loving, and so empathetic. Everyone who has met him, remembers him for how warm he made them feel. 


Not a day passes without me crying about losing him. The grief is unbearable and devastating. But I have to stay strong. I have to make him proud. 


This one is for you, papa. I know you loved reading my blogs and posts. I promise I’ll write more. 


Rest in peace. I love you, a lot. 








Comments

Popular Posts